Official Contest Rules
No substitutions. Prize is non-transferable (unless arrangements are made with the KUIC Promotions Department.)
Contest is open to all KUIC listeners who are at least eighteen years of age and have not won a prize(s) totaling $600 or more in the last ninety days from any Coast Radio affiliate (including KKIQ and KKDV).
- Each weekday KUIC will announce a daily clue to the secret location.
- Clues will be given out beginning at approximately 5am through 6pm at various times throughout the day.
- The location will be somewhere in the “Hometown” area to KUIC. KUIC’s “Hometown” area encompasses Solano, Contra Costa, Yolo and Napa counties.
- Clues will only be announced on the air.
- Each Monday during the contest, the previous week’s clues will be recapped once between 7am and 9am.
- When the “ship’s bell” sound effect plays on the air, the 9th caller to 800-698-5842 or 707-448-5842 will receive one guess where the secret location is located.
- The guess is not official until the caller has been “asked” for the location – no random guesses accepted.
- Contest times and number of times played will vary.
- If the location is guessed but the exact landmark within the location is not stated the listener will be told that he/she is close but will not receive a second guess.
- If the guess is incorrect, no prize is awarded.
- If the exact location is guessed, the caller wins the prizes to be determined.
- A judge who knows the secret location will decide whether each guess is correct or not.
- Only one grand prize package will be awarded.
- In case of disputes, the decision of the judge (s) is final.
- NOTE: The money is NOT at the secret location. You just need to guess the location to win.
- Coast Radio Company is not responsible for lost telephone connection or other telephone problems that occur during the execution of the contest.
- If more than one person ends up on the same phone line to play the contest, that call will be ended and the next caller will play the game.
AWARD OF PRIZE:
The grand prize package will be awarded to the caller with the correct answer thus ending the contest. The winner will be called by the KUIC Promotions Department to come to KUIC within a two week period following the end of the contest. The prize package must be picked up in person at the KUIC Studios, 555 Mason Street, Suite 245, Vacaville, between 9AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday. Winner must sign IRS Form W-9 (if cash amounting to $600 or more is included in prize package) and a release waiver of liability. Winner must furnish valid identification and social security card. If winner does not respond to KUIC within a thirty day period from the time of the contest end, the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded.
RESTRICTIONS AND RELEASES:
- The winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, duties or fees applicable to prize winners.
- All contestants grant permission for KUIC to use their voices, names, and likeness, and the fact that he or she won the prize in all areas incidental to the contest without any further compensation from Coast Radio Company, Inc.
- KUIC reserves the right to discontinue contest at any time and to disqualify any contestants who do not adhere to contest rules.
- Employees, officers, directors, partners, and agents of Coast Radio Company, Inc. KKDV, KKIQ, KUIC, their affiliated entities, other radio stations, and their immediate family members, and those who reside with such employees are not eligible to participate in or win the prize associated with this contest. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others. Other restrictions may apply.
- Contestants release Coast Radio Company Inc., or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries from any and all liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the prize.
- Contestants and winner agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decision of Coast Radio Company Inc. will be final and binding in all respects.
- Rules are available by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to KUIC Promotions Department by October 31, 2013 to KUIC, 555 Mason Street, Suite 245, Vacaville, CA 95688.